Thursday, February 4, 2010

day 23: coq au vin


I was pretty excited to make this dish today after seeing it on Good Eats...but I now think it's a bit overhyped. Sure, it's delicious and all, but it's not something I think I would crave and have to have. I do think my tournes on my potatoes are getting a lot better...I'm looking forward to the day I can get them to Chef Pastore's level. Chef Brown said my chicken was perfectly fall-off-the-bone tender, although my plate wasn't hot enough and my sauce got cold. I think I may have been a bit shy about heating my plate after I burned him with my fish en papillote plate the other day. I also used a bit more butter than I needed on my potatoes, and it started to separate with the sauce on the plate. I do hope I get one of these braised dishes we've been making the past two days for my final...it's a lot less stressful than dishes you have to constantly babysit.

No comments:

Post a Comment