Friday, May 7, 2010

day 80: toffee, truffles, marzipan and marshmallows


I'm not sure who's a bigger bitch, sugar or chocolate, but they can both suck a big fat one.  I'm gonna have to say sugar was tougher to deal with since I had to go through four batches of sugar to get my toffee not to become a big crystallized blob.  The chocolates, although annoying because I had to keep putting it over the double burner, off the double burner, over the double burner, off, etc., at least didn't seize or do any funny business on me...today, at least.  The milk chocolate truffles, toffees and marshmallows were my favorite.  I added a little lemon oil to my marshmallows and it tasted fantastic.  The dark chocolate truffles were a bit rich for me, and the marzipan cookies just tasted like something my great-great-great-great-grandmother would probably like.

1 comment: