Thursday, April 15, 2010

day 65: subs, clubs and tea sandwiches


Today was kind of a boring day production-wise (who hasn't made a sandwich?), but probably one of the best for taking food home. Taking home a nice piece of crispy skinned fish is really never quite that rewarding. I started getting in the bad habit of eating everything I made in class that "didn't keep." I did get to taste a couple of new cold cuts today that I haven't had before...mortadella, which tasted just like bologna, and capicola, which was a delicious spicy pork shoulder. Both of those went into my Italian sub above, along with smoked turkey and provlone. I toasted the bread in some garlic olive oil that I made yesterday (the roasted garlic went into my potato salad).


My club sandwich got the traditional turkey and avocado, and bacon, lettuce and tomato. I served it with the baked potato salad I made yesterday, which I refreshed with some apple cider vinegar.


The tea sandwiches seem to be the fussiest of the bunch, but they were really the most simple. I made egg salad, which I just tossed with mayo, smoked salmon, which I tossed with mayo, cream cheese and capers, and lastly, cucumber and cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment