Wednesday, April 28, 2010

day 73: chocolate mousse cake and charlotte royale


It's nice to be in the baking lab again even if (1) Chef True is missing and (2) 82 new students have joined us and it seems like we have nowhere to work. But it is fun to be making cute little desserts, and this chocolate mousse cake we made sorta wowed me since it was completely flourless...the rise was all in whipping the eggs.

The chocolate mouuse cake was made by layering little rounds of chocolate cake with mousse. I ate mine from frozen yesterday, and although the cake was light, the mousse really gave it a lot of richness. You would not miss chocolate cake at all, eating this thing...you would also never know it was flour and gluten free.



The Charlotte Royale is a sponge cake rolled with raspberry jam and filled with Bavarian cream. I don't think it was anything really special, but I do like the colors, so I made a little Valentine's plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment